Sunday, August 24, 2008

Crossover into the Twilight Zone

I read a column that made it into syndication by Leonard Pitts of the “Miami Herald” about how people on the internet are attacking Robert Novak rather viciously saying he deserves what he gets and much worse. My response upon hearing that Novak had a growing, malignant tumor replacing his brain was the question: how can you tell the difference?

Like Mr. Pitt, I had come to see in Bob all that is the worse on the Republican right, but to bring down God’s justice on him for his affliction is exactly what he and his kind would do to anyone on the left, and I draw the line there. I may trash the right (and the left) put pray God I don’t trash like someone on the right.

Besides being a devotee of the Twilight Zone during my formative years, I am conditions not to condemn least I be the recipient of the same condemnation – like making him the butt of one of my jokes. I’ve had a many of those things backfire on me. I should have never made fun of baldheaded men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home