Sunday, December 19, 2004

"Time's" Man of the Year

I agree with Time magazine that George Bush is the man of the year, but propably not for the right reasons. I sadly was not surprised with his re-election; I voted against him, but I feared he would win anyway. I was afraid the my fellow countrymen were making a big mistake. I didn’t get a hard-on thinking about voting for John Kerry. I’m a Vietnam veteran, but I was enlisted and I still don’t care too much for officers. I know, I know, I went to college, got degrees, and now, I am more officer material than not. I did serve under a few good officers, and hope I would be more like them than John Kerry. I remember his type. I consider him like Bill Clinton. Always want to do what is right. All ways thinking of how what ever they are doing will appear at some future date. If I considered how what I did would have appeared later, I would not of have had half the fun I did.

As for George Bush, I probably partied with that dude in Montgomery, Alabama, back in the early ‘70’s, but I don’t remember much about who was there and who wasn’t. However, the one thing that sticks in my craw about Bush is when I heard he supported the U.S. involvement in Vietnam but he would not put his ass on the line and actually fight for it. I was against the war long before I got drafted, and never wanted to serve. I though the war was wrong, then, and now, and I think the Iraq war is wrong for the same reasons the war in Vietnam was wrong. Five years from now Iraq will be just as much a friend of the U.S. as Vietnam is today.

I can see why he got "Man of the Year" because I am still in wonder that Bush got re-elected. While the Democrats did not offer the best choice from Bush, I still would take my chances with any government that would get the Necons out of foreign policy. I don’t think the President has to be the smartest man in government, but he does have to be able to judge other people. Bush does not seem to have chosen well among his advisors. I certainly don’t believe in faith-base government. If he thinks God is leading him in his Presidency, we are in for some biblical woes. God protect us from those who would make decisions in His name.

The Man of the Year and his friend scare the hell out of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home