Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Post from Dell Hell

I'm back from Dell Hell. I had to reload the mother program -- the one the computer came with -- which I suppose is an improvement over previous computers, but if I had known I was going to be doing this on an semi-annual basis I would have selected my programs more carefully.

I've still got to reload Office. This was composed at Google Office. I got to reload the wireless program. I know, I know, I should have gotten wireless when I bought the computer, but I didn't.

Of course I lost all my files but I have learned from previous failures so nothing important was lost. I don't keep anything important on my computer because I can never tell when I'll be making a trip to Dell Hell. However, I did lose the music I downloaded but had not moved to disc. I hope the MSN people will let me download them again since I've already paid for them.

I tried to reload drivers but not even the boot disk would work. There's no use calling India because they would just tell me to do what I did. I've sat on the phone long enough with them to learn that. I'm not cranky or irate. I usually ask how the weather is there, and tell them their English is very good -- anything to get their sympathy. But it's for naught, they just tell me to reload the original set up and here I am.

Next time, I'm going with the Geek Squad. At least if I get screwed, it will be locally.

I work for a large organization and they have a big computer group. When something goes wrong they come and fix it or remote in but usually they have you back up and running in no time. They've ruined me.

I must have a lemon of a computer. My computer at work never locks up and the system file is never corrupted like the one at home. I had a head crash at work but the system never locked up on me. And the one at work is a Dell, too. The one at home must be a lemon.


At any rate, I'm back and will try to uphold the code of the weekend blogger. It's good to be back.

I love cyberspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home