Friday, October 08, 2004

I Feel Like I’m Fixin’ to Die (Again) Rag

I must of sung the original version of this song about a hundred times to myself standing watch down in the hole off the coast of Vietnam. Was “Woodstock” our “Casablanca?” Do those who pay the most for Iraq get a movie? Anyway, with apologies to Country Joe McDonald, I thought this was needed.


I Feel Like I’m Fixin’ to Die (Again) Rag

Give me a “F”
Give me a “U”
Give me a “C”
Give me a “K”
What’s zat spell? What’s zat spell? What’s zat spell?

Well, come on all you big strong men,
Uncle Sam needs your help again.
Got himself in another jam
This time it’s against Saddam.
So, put down you books, and pick up a gun,
We're gonna have a whole lotta fun.

And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for?
Don't asked me and I don't give damn,
Next stop’s the war again’ Saddam.
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates.
Well there ain’t no time to wonder why – Whoopee! We’re all going to die.

Come on all you Neocons, let’s move fast,
What you’ve always wanted is here at last.
A preemptive strike to change the régime,
Iraq’s just the first in your scheme.
Just hope and pray when you make life better,
You haven’t increased the cause for terror.

And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for?
Don't asked me and I don't give jack,
Next stop is in Iraq.
And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates
Well there ain’t no time to wonder why – Whoopee! We’re all going to die.

Come on all you people at Haliburton,
Money to be made, that’s for certain.
No bid contract to rebuild Iraq
Pad the bill, lot’s of slack.
Don’t worry about auditors or court cases,
‘Cause you’ve got fiends in highest of places.

Refrain

Come on now Ahmed Chalabi,
Plenty to be made for your INC lobby.
Your talk of weapons and Saddam’s crimes,
You fooled the Pentagon and New York Times.
Just hope and pray when they make you the man,
They do it before they learn you spy for Iran.

Refrain

Hey! There is must be about a hundred million of you bloggers out there, and we’ll never end this madness unless you can’t sing any louder than that. Come on! Sing!

Well come on you people on the right,
America image is at state -- you got to fight.
Come on you necons don’t hesitate,
You chose not to fight in Vietnam but it’s not too late,
Be the first one on your block,
To have your child come home in a box.

That’s all!

1 Comments:

Blogger None said...

Hey man, just saw you had stopped by my own blog so I thought I would check you out. Excellent rewrite of Country Joe. Highly enjoyable, but I suppose a little sad too. Keep it up.

10/08/2004 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home